Entrepreneurial Learning at Whyalla Secondary College is driven by the vision that all students solve problems and develop an entrepreneurial mindset across all subjects. Whyalla Secondary College is committed to offering students from years 7 – 12 subject pathways that supports each students individualised entrepreneurial learning journey. This will prepare them for the changing nature of work and life post school as students are equipped with the knowledge, skills and capabilities needed to become lifelong problem solvers.
Did you know?
- Students will enter an environment of jobs yet to be created, technologies yet to be invented and challenges yet to be imagined.
- Entrepreneurially minded young people will have the attitudes and skills they need to successfully navigate the challenges and opportunities of an ever changing world.
- Entrepreneurial learning develops entrepreneurial attributes that promote the ability to apply knowledge in complex, unfamiliar and non-routine contexts.
- Entrepreneurs don’t just start new businesses. They can work in, work for and work with businesses, and help turn them into entrepreneurial ones.
- Entrepreneurial thinkers persist even after an outcome is achieved, continuously seeking new opportunities to be creative and to solve problems.
- As jobs are transformed by the technologies of the Fourth Industrial Revolution, society will need to reskill more than 1 billion people by 2030.
- Young people need to learn enterprise skills now to prepare themselves for the economy of the future, so they can become job creators, not just job seekers, and navigate more complex careers.
- Growth Mindset
- Persistence and Grit
- Opportunity Seeking
- Problem Solving
- Redefining Failure
- Idea Generation
- Market Research and Customer Vaulation
- Design Thinking
- Business Model
- Public Speaking