Home ; About ; Information ; Finance

Payment Options

At Whyalla Secondary College we intend to offer a range of payment options, these include:

EFTPOS/credit card and cash facilities available on site.

Materials and Service Charges

Materials and Services charges for the 2024 school year are $379 (with Government rebate of $100).

Please click here for endorsed copy from the Department for Education.


Bank Transfer:

You can make payments via bank transfer from your bank account directly into the school’s bank account.

Account Name: Whyalla Secondary College

BSB: 065-512

Account Number: 10285260

Reference: Student’s full name/Invoice number

Paying by instalments:

Please fill out a Payment Plan form if you would like to pay by instalments with an agreed amount either weekly, fortnightly or monthly until the invoice is paid in full.

Please click here for the Payment Plan form, please include students name and the fees you would like to pay if there are multiple invoices on account.

Please drop form into Main Student Services or email to


Centrepay is a free bill paying service. Use Centrepay to arrange regular deductions from your Centrelink payment to pay for school fees, VET courses, laptops and camps and excursions.

You’ll need to give us permission to pay your bills using part of your payment.

You will need to tell us:

  • Who you want to pay: e.g. Whyalla Secondary College
  • How much you want to pay each fortnight
  • Which Centrelink payment you want the money to come from.

Centrepay take money from your payment before you get it and send it to the businesses you want to pay.

We take out your Centrepay deductions from your Centrelink payment last. Other amounts Centrelink will deduct first are:

  • Participation penalty amounts and non-payment periods
  • Weekly payment amount, if you get your payments weekly
  • Urgent and advance repayment amounts
  • Debt repayments
  • Child support payments
  • Tax deductions
  • Amounts directed to your Income Management account
  • Government housing rent deductions as part of the Rent Deduction Scheme.

Please click here for the Centrepay Deduction form and click here for the Commitment to pay (both forms to be filled out).

Please drop form into Student Services or email to

School Card:

If you’re a low-income family with children attending government schools, you can get financial help with school fees, materials and services charges, through the School Card scheme.

To qualify for School Card, your family’s gross income must be below a certain limit.

Applications close 29th November 2024, however school card applications need to be submitted at the beginning of the year before accounts become overdue.

Forms are available from the Main Student Services office or online at SA.GOV.AU – School Card scheme (

2024 Income limits



School Card is available to:

  • families with children aged four years and over who attend a school full-time
  • Independent full-time students studying year 10, 11 or 12

School Card A

This is the most commonly used school card application. Use this form if you are liable for your child’s school fees and you’re not:

  • -self-employed
  • -an independent youth
  • -an adult re-entry student
  • -a migrant who arrived in Australia after 1 July 2019
  • -receiving Veteran’s Affairs benefits
  • -applying for a foster child in your care.

School Card A – apply online

School Card A – printable form (please email to or drop into Main Student Services)


School Card Y (independent student)

Use this if you’re a student who receives Independent Youth Allowance as at 28 February 2023

School Card Y – apply online

School Card Y – printable form (please email to or drop into Main Student Services)

More information can be found at

Inspiring Possibilities

Whyalla Horizontal Logo
Department for Education logo
SA Gov logo
Creative Commons logo
SACE International Logo
Australian Curriculum logo
Feedback & Complaints logo